Sunday, February 21, 2010

hungry? grab a snickers.

honestly i HATE snicker bars, idk why? maybe its because im not a huge fan of chocolate..
but moving onnnn. i saw a commercial for it today and here was there hook;

"you aren't yourself when you're hungry"
woah! well hello deeper meaning!

snickers actually had a point here, i began thinking of how far i've come since being wrapped up in anorexia; gosh i really wasnt myself! i was a lifeless, depressed frame of a once energetic beautiful girl. ( i wish i could find this commercial; it was funny; google you disappoint me)
i convinced myself that i wasnt starving, desperately hungry, when in reality that was so far from the truth. gahhh i NEEDED to eat about 100 snickers (;

its funny when you find motivation in silly advertisements, but i'm glad i just happened to flip to this channel today!



6 comments:

  1. so true!! i LOVED your package btw--and that kashi protein bar kinda tasted like a snickers--but healthier :] hehe loved it.
    love you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo true ;) Leave it to a chocolate bar company to speak words of wisdom :P

    I actually love snickers bars.. well they would probably be too sweet for me now, but I used to eat them all the time!
    xox
    Tat

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a snickers fan either! i agree with you on the post though! i am so not myself in anorexia but i am once again BECOMING MYSELF through recovery and weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird that you mentioned this! I just saw this commercial last night and started thinking about the same thing! haha

    By the way, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

    ~ Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to *love* snickers bars, but since I've been eating more healthily my taste buds have changed and I now find them cloyingly sweet. Ahh and peanuts make me break out xD Not the point!
    I am a beast when I'm hungry though, so I eat all the time :P love snackin' on granola and fruits...and dark chocolate. mmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, love this post :) Yeah, I don't even remember the last time I had a snicker.. so that probably means I didn't really like it either! haha. Its so true, i've def come so far with my anorexia.. I was so boring to be around when I was starving because I was always so drained.. but gimme some food and i'm a ball of energy! :P
    xoxo
    -A <3

    ReplyDelete